Judith Imperatore’s passion for helping students and adults with special needs lead meaningful lives—coupled with a strong sense of purpose and unequaled expertise—results in unrivaled transition services to students, schools, and families.
Mission of J. Lynn Enterprises
“Our mission is to support students to be as prepared as possible, upon graduation, to succeed as valued, productive members of their community and society. We believe there is no disability that excludes anyone from discovering their natural gifts and talents or restricts full expression of themselves in the world.”
Since 1989, Judith Imperatore has developed knowledge and expertise in the field of transition and vocational and career development services for students and adults with disabilities.
- She has developed a comprehensive, systematic approach to transition assessment and vocational evaluation.
- From the information gathered, she designs realistic, creative post-secondary goals and transition plans that lead to meaningful futures for students leaving secondary school.
- She understands the law and the “spirit” behind the federal special education transition mandates, and can creatively design programs and services that bring out the best of the intentions behind the laws and requirements.
- And through her skill in building alliances, Ms. Imperatore aligns school districts and families strategically to implement those transition plans on behalf of those students. She advocates strongly for the students while remaining objective about the needs of the school systems and the parents.
Parents have frequently said things like:
“I’m impressed with your participation in the transition IEP meeting, taking all sides into account. Your work is going to change my daughter’s life. Judith, it was an honor to work with you.”
(Read more testimonials from parents, students, and educators.)
- Developed twenty significant transition programs serving more than a thousand students.
- Completed more than 400 functional vocational evaluations and transition assessments for students in New England.
- Consulted with more than 60 schools and private institutions throughout New England on transition services.
- Served as a professional consultant on more than 100 IEP teams as a vocational and transition expert.
- Developed a comprehensive training on Transition Services and traveled throughout New England training special education administrators, special education teachers and career specialists on implementation and best practices.
Awards and Other Highlights
- Judith Imperatore was recently appointed Transition Assessment/Vocational Evaluation Representative for the Council on Exceptional Children, Division of Career Development and Transition (DCDT). This honorary position serves as the DCDT liaison between other relevant groups with the same interests as DCDT and represents DCDT in appropriate transition and career assessment forums. They also participate and represent DCDT in the National Community of Practice on Transition Career Assessment Practice Group as well as at the Vocational Evaluation and Career Assessment Professionals (VECAP) forums and meetings.