J. Lynn offers a variety of consultation services to state special education systems, local districts, families, IEP teams, adult and rehabilitation agencies.
From basic to advanced levels of training, with 30 years of experience providing services and working with hundreds of school districts – Judy and her team can provide assistance to build a school’s capacity to provide transition services, increase the chances of their students’ adult success through best practices, organizational development of a program that keep attorneys out of the picture and to help formulate curriculum that guides an exemplary process.
- Transition Program Evaluation and provide a plan for organizational development
- Case file review
- Basic and Advanced training on:
- Transition Assessment and Functional Vocational Evaluation
- Transition Planning and the process
- Parents involvement and Transition – what is their role?
- Indicator 13 – regulatory compliance
- Transition 101, 102 and Advanced (500 series)
- Community based learning and work experience development
- Para-professional training
- Director Pupil Services– the role of Special Education in Transition
- Curriculum design and development
- The transition IEP design and development
- Bridging the gap between school and adult services
- Legal Aspect of Transition
- Documentation: the Portfolio, the Summary of Performance, the non-confidential file
- College and preparation for the individual with a learning disability, emotional disability and ADHD.
Parents of Students with Special Needs
We believe helping and involving parents of students with disabilities plan for their child’s future is a critical component of transition. And when families work closely with school systems, there is a better likelihood of success for their children in terms of post-secondary education or employment. J. Lynn will do a case review and make recommendations, join an IEP to assure transition services and planning are being implemented or assist a parent in due process or hearing.
Special Education Departments
J. Lynn Enterprises designs, develops and helps implement vocational and transition programs for special education departments in public and private schools, and other ancillary agencies.